Frequently Asked Questions
For your convenience, we've provided some frequently asked questions about Yellow Letters, our process for production of them, and some of our standard procedures to save you time.
If you still have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
- Where can I buy a mailing list?
- You can purchase your mailing list from a provider like AQUESTOR.com (Highly Recommended!), ListSource.com, MelissaData.com, or ReboGateway.com.
- How does it all work?
- We know that we do business a lot different than our competitors and we're proud of it. We actually want you to be 100% satisfied BEFORE you pay us a single penny.
Here's how our order process works...
- ORDER YOUR LIST: Purchase your mailing list from a provider like AQUESTOR.com (Highly Recommended!), ListSource.com, MelissaData.com, or ReboGateway.com.
- ORDER YOUR LETTERS: Order your letters by clicking here or the Order Here button above.
- SEND YOUR LIST: Once you place your order, you will receive a confirmation email. Reply to that email with your list (remember to format your list according to our data structure as shown in this example spreadsheet and, if you haven't chosen from one of our pre-designed letter templates, any letter template or content that you want to use.
- DATA SCRUBBED: Once we receive your list, and if you choose to have us send your mail for you via our bulk mail discount postage, we'll scrub your list with the USPS to clean out any undeliverables (saves you money!) and then send you both a letter and envelope proof for your approval along with an invoice for your order. This process takes between 24-48 hours.
- PROOFS & CHANGES: If you are not happy with your proofs and wish to make changes, reply to that email with your requested changes and we will continue to send you proofs until you are happy.
- PAY YOUR ORDER: Once you are happy with your proofs, then simply pay your invoice to place your order in our production queue. Payment of your invoice constitutes your complete approval of your proofs and your list. DO NOT PAY YOUR INVOICE UNTIL YOU ARE 100% HAPPY WITH YOUR PROOFS!
- LETTERS MAILED: Once your letters are produced and readyd to go out, we will drop them at the post office and send you a confirmation email including an original USPS mailing receipt for proof of mailing. This process normally takes between 5-7 business days barring any unforeseen or unexpected delays.
- REPEAT PROCESS: Place your next order to continue your marketing efforts. Remeber: To be truly successful in real estate investing, always keep marketing to motivated sellers! Order your next batch of Yellow Letters now by going to YellowLetterShop.com/Order.
- FOLLOW & REFER: Make sure you follow us on all social networks like Facebook.com/YellowLetterShop and Twitter.com/YellowLetterShp to receive 10% off your next order. For every customer you refer to us who purchases a cumulative of 1000 letters or more, you get 250 FREE letters!
- LEAVE A REVIEW: The best way to earn free letters is to leave a review on Facebook.com/YellowLetterShop and tell everyone about the fantastic service and products YellowLetterShop.com provided to you.
- Where can I find the price?
- Our ordering page provides instant pricing. The price is displayed automatically after you've selected all your choices for the product (ink color, folding & stuffing, custom font, etc.).
- How can I have my order shipped?
- We primarily ship your package via USPS, but if you have an account with another shipping company, we will be glad to accommodate. Just reply to your invoice email with the necessary information.
- How do I pay for my order?
- With the many recent identity theft incidents in the news, we prefer to use Intuit Payment Solutions so your payment is 100% safe and secure. When you place your order, shortly afterwards you will receive an invoice including your order total, shipping and handling, and sales tax (if applicable) with a payment link at the bottom. Simply follow that link to Intuit's secure online payment processing form to make your payment.
- How should I format (names of the column headers) my list?
- Format (name column headers) your mailing list to match the YLS Preferred Format. An example spreadsheet can be downloaded here.
Suggested column names are as follows:
- FIRST: This is the first name or the full legal name of seller #1 that goes on the envelope above the full mail address.
- MID: This is the middle name or initial of seller #1.
- LAST: This is the last name of seller #1 that goes on the envelope above the full mail address.
- FIRST2: This is the first name or the full legal name of of seller #2 that goes on the envelope above the full mail address.
- MID2: This is the middle name or initial of seller #2.
- LAST2: This is the last name of seller #2 that goes on the envelope above the full mail address.
- LETTERNAME: This is the short name used for the salutation on the letter (ex. "Dear John"), unless FIRST/FIRST2 is to be used instead. If there are two sellers, then separate both first names with "&" (ex. John & Jane). If there are more than 2 sellers, then separate first names with "," and the last with "&" (ex. John, Jane, & Jerry).
- ADDRESS: This is the street address of the address that will go on the envelope.
- ADDRESS2: This is the apartment number, suite number, building number, etc of the address that will go on the envelope.
- CITY: This is the city of the address that will go on the envelope.
- STATE: This is the state of the address that will go on the envelope.
- ZIP: This is the zip code of the address that will go on the envelope.
- SUBJECT: This is the street address ONLY of the address that you are offering to purchase. This is the address that will go in the body of your yellow letter.
- How can I create or use my own font?
- Because we pride ourselves on being the most unique yellow letter service in the industry, we offer many different customization options to enhance your marketing pieces. One of which is to select from our wide variety of specialty "handwriting" fonts, use your own font, or create a brand new unique font with your own handwriting.
USE YOUR OWN PRE-EXISTING FONT
If you chose to use your own pre-existing font, simply email the font file along with your mailing list and we will be happy to use it in production of your order.
CREATE YOUR OWN FONT
If you would like to create your own custom font, simply download and complete our Font Template. Make sure that you scan it in to your computer in color and in at least 300 dpi (high resolution). Once completed, send it with your list and we'll create your custom font and use it in production of your order. We will also deliver the new font file to you upon completion of your order. There is a one-time $50 Font Creation fee for this service, but then you'll have your own font to use for all your future marketing.
- Will my order ever be refused?
- While we always reserve the right to refuse an order for any reason at our discretion, please keep in mind that our top priority is your satisfaction. As long as your letter content is not offensive, indecent, illegal and does not infringe on any third party's rights, you're good to go. Just remember that, even if we print your order, you maintain 100% full responsibility for the content of anything processed and printed by The Yellow Letter Shop, LLC.
- When does production of my letters begin?
- It depends on when you pay your invoice. If you pay your invoice before 1PM (EST), then production will begin that same day and that will be counted as "Day 1" of production. Jobs where payment is made after 1PM (EST) will begin the next day.
- What is your turn-around time once I place my order?
- Our standard production lead time is between 3-5 business days. Lead time may increase due to possible equipment problems, any unforeseen material delivery delays, the United States Postal Service incurring delays, an unexpected influx of high demand, etc., but we absolutely do make every effort to meet your reasonable deadlines.
- When will you start printing my order?
- Once you have approved all proofs and mailing list adjustments (if any) and as long as you respond before any indicated cutoff time, then printing begins the day you pay your invoice.
- Does your quoted turn-around time include shipping time?
- Since we cannot control any 3rd party shipping companies, our turn-around time does NOT include shipping time. Make sure you remember this when you are scheduling your orders.